Earlier in 2019, Principia published Business Conditions 2019 which provided a high-level overview of the residential homebuilding industry and outlined the macroeconomic and housing factors impacting the industry.
An updated view of the latest business conditions for the residential housing market and the outlook headed into 2020 for building materials monitored by Principia is available for download. Insights and topics discussed include:
- New housing permits activity from 2016 to 2019 YTD
- Existing home sales activity from 2016 to 2019 YTD
- Regional spending activity based on permit and existing home sales
- Effect of labor shortages on the industry
- Building material industry outlook heading into 2020
- Impact of mortgage rates
To download the Business Conditions and 2019—2020 Market Outlook, click here.