Who We Are
Principia Consulting, headquartered in Philadelphia, is a leading research and consulting firm focused exclusively on the building materials and construction industry. For over 25 years, senior executives have trusted Principia for information, analytics, and insights essential for better decision-making, faster growth, and greater profitability.
Sales Development Representative
This is an excellent opportunity for someone aspiring to become a full quota carrying sales professional for a market leading strategic analytics company. This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary and variable compensation based on lead conversion, pipeline generation, and quota attainment. Opportunities for career growth are available with hard work and by meeting / exceeding established individual goals / quotas on a consistent basis while in this role.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an extension of the field sales organization. Your mission is to follow-up with inbound leads and uncover qualified outbound sales opportunities by fostering new business relationships through outreach. Leveraging our sales enablement tools, processes, and qualification criteria, you will proactively qualify prospect accounts and contacts by identifying business needs, with the goal of setting appointments and generating early-stage sales pipeline.
- Work with Sales Team to build and maintain new prospect universe through research and outreach
- Work with Sales Team to create new business appointments and opportunities for sales
- Maintain consistent and meaningful prospect outreach via phone, email, and social platforms leveraging Principia’s sales development technologies and processes
- Partner with Sales Team on execution of account and contact planning via marketing and sales initiatives
- Possess a strong understanding of Principia, our target market, competition, and positioning
- Be a brand champion and educate prospective clients on Principia’s value proposition
- Capable of and eager to make calls daily, including cold calls
- Meet quotas for qualified appointments and sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Recommended experience with Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn/LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Microsoft Suite of tools (SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT)
- Beneficial experience prospecting and selling enterprise software solutions, business intelligence, or analytics software
- Beneficial experience with account-based sales development and prospecting strategies
- Ability to effectively organize and manage a high volume of new prospects and leads while building/maintaining relationships
- Consultative and solution prospecting/selling knowledge
- Perseverance and tenacity; handles objections and rejection
- Drive to excel in a competitive, numbers-driven, performance-based environment
- Superior written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Systematic but flexible, self-directed; can prioritize and manage multiple work streams
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
- Intuitive with the capacity to hit the ground running
- Competitive salary; Insurance (health, vision, dental, ST/ LT disability); company paid 3% matching 401K; 15 PTO days, bonus program
- Location flexible
To apply for this job please visit principiaconsulting.bamboohr.com.