While wood trim continues to account for 53% of the $1.7 billion exterior trim market in the United States, wood-alternatives like cellular PVC, fiber cement and engineered wood continue to take share. The market remains evenly balanced between new construction and repair/ remodel.
Exterior trim is one of over 12 residential building product categories currently monitored through the Principia BuilderSeries® set of data products. A short list of 5 observations from our recent industry research is shown below:
- Prefinished wood trim products competing on performance, branded for market identity
- Fly ash composites making inroads against traditional incumbent trim products
- Specialty 1-step channel growing as distributors expand further into siding and trim
- Several cellular PVC trim producers now offering complementary cellular PVC siding products
- Expected rationalization based on acquisition of quality suppliers, exit by low margin producers
Exterior Trim Demand Overview – Principia DemandBuilder® Exterior Trim
The image above provides a high level snap shot of Principia’s data product DemandBuilder® Exterior Trim. DemandBuilder® subscribers have the ability to:
- Accurately measure current share and revenue potential
- Identify opportunities to pursue in sales territories
- Set benchmarks for business using comparative market data
To learn more about Principia’s data products or exterior trim market data please contact us today.