MALVERN, PA — Principia Consulting has expanded its ongoing coverage of the residential building products industry. Four new product categories have been added to its syndicated data product lineup — flooring, interior trim, lumber, and wallboard. These data products are offered through DemandBuilder® which is a dynamic tool to provide building product manufacturers and distributors with the capability to analyze market size and share for major residential building products demand in the U.S.
Each DemandBuilder® product category includes historical, current, and forecast demand data in unit volume and revenue (net manufacturer and channel levels) segmented by:
- Market: new construction, repair & remodel
- Unit type: single family, multifamily
- Distribution: channel outlets
- Geography: national, regional, divisional, and state level
Products covered in each of the new categories include:
- Woods: Hardwood, Engineered Wood, Laminate
- Naturals: Tile, Stone
- Vinyl: Rigid Luxury Vinyl Tile and Plank (LVT/LVP), Flexible LVT, Vinyl Composite Tile, Vinyl Sheet Tile
- Interior Trim
- Non-Wood: Plastic, Polystyrene Foam, Polyurethane, PVC
- Other Softwood: Engineered Wood, MDF, SPF
- Sheathing: OSB, Plywood, Structural Fiberboard, Other
- Structural Lumber: Dimensional Lumber, Engineered Wood (Glulam, I-Joist, LVL, Other) — further segmented by site built vs. pre-assembled
- Fire-rated (both Types C and X)
- Glass Mat
- Moisture and Mold-resistant
“The expanded suite of DemandBuilder® data products is another step towards Principia broadening its market coverage of the residential building materials industry. We are committed to providing the most comprehensive data available for our clients to make more informed decisions about their business,” said Lou Rossi, Managing Partner of Principia.
Principia Consulting is a leading research and consulting firm focused exclusively on the building materials and construction industry. For more than 25 years, we have helped clients grow faster and more profitably by providing high quality data, analytics, and insights.
For more information about Principia’s data and insights for the building materials and construction industry, contact us today.