State of the Commercial Waterproofing Industry
Billions of dollars are spent every year to minimize the damaging and costly effects of water intrusion in commercial construction. Commercial buildings are exposed to a wide variety of conditions while required to structurally perform with long-term durability. In addition to ongoing moisture intrusion issues, severe weather conditions can significantly create physical damage and weaken a building structure. Waterproofing products play a critical role in protecting buildings and the costs associated with repair and replacement, and are experiencing rapid growth.
Several market drivers contribute to the increase in demand of waterproofing products. Over 80% of building defect complaints are associated with moisture intrusion which can cost millions of dollars for a single structure and billions of dollars on a national basis. The growth in the nonresidential sector has propelled awareness of the development and maintenance of commercial buildings as it relates to waterproofing. Property owners, architects and engineers continue to place heavy emphasis on efficiency. The building envelope affects ventilation and energy use within the building and waterproofing serves as protection for these functions. In addition, waterproofing systems can also contribute positively to ASTM sustainability standards as well as EPA requirements related to waterproofing and indoor air quality.
The report focuses on liquid applied roofing in North America, including the United States and Canada.
- Executive Summary – Summary of current market size, trends and developments, keys for future success and outlook
- Products Overview – A review of commercial waterproofing products, along with recent product advances and developments
- Market Review – A thorough analysis of demand in North America will provide the baseline. A three-year projection will provide insights into how demand is most likely to shift by product, market, channel and region
- Business Assessment – A realistic business assessment to help target market opportunities
Using the Report
Waterproofing in Commercial Construction 2017 provides a vital baseline analysis for forecasting and business planning for current and new industry participants. Using 2016 as its launch point, the report analyzes demand drivers and trends by material, construction type, distribution channel, supplier and region, providing forecasts through 2018.
It also analyzes trends in current products, new product developments and technologies, and competitive materials, helping companies anticipate customer needs, plus insights into:
- Up-to-date market size and forecast
- Voice of Customer feedback on usage and preference trends
- Channel dynamics and trends impacting demand
- Market share review for leading producers
- Strategic insights into growth of commercial waterproofing
- Voice of the Customer – research from 500 interviews and surveys conducted among architects, consultants, contractors, distributors and dealers and property owners provides fresh industry perspectives that assess issues driving material and supplier market shares
- Market model and forecast tool – interactive market model tool enabling subscribers to evaluate the market through whatever lens they choose
All subscribers to the full program are offered a private presentation by the Principia project team with an open discussion about the report and to address any company-specific issues. The consultation is included in the subscription price. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com.