State of the Windows and Patio Doors Industry
An expanding economy, rising home prices and increased residential construction will drive demand for windows and patio doors over the next several years. However, it’s prudent to learn from the recession not to simply ride the wave of growth but to navigate how to grow at rates faster than the overall market. The big winners in windows and patio doors will be companies that formulate and implement strategies to control costs, align resources, increase market share and grow margins.
A continued focus on energy efficiency is driving builders to offer triple-pane and gas-filled windows as upgrade options and is encouraging property owners to install energy efficient windows at a faster rate. While energy efficiency is a focal point for many manufacturers, aesthetics continue to be a key decision factor for property owners.
Property owners typically look for high-end aesthetics at reasonable price points in materials ranging from vinyl to wood and clad-wood windows as well as high performance composites. Window and patio door suppliers need answers that will give them the competitive edge to increase market share and margins.
- Is demand catching up with rationalized supply, and what’s the current supply-demand balance?
- What markets and regions will experience the fastest growth?
- How well are products positioned to meet customer need?
- Are sales and marketing resources and channel partners properly aligned to exploit market opportunities?
A growing market also presents suppliers and dealers with challenges regarding adjustments in sales and marketing strategies and positioning resources for competitive advantage throughout the supply chain.
To keep up with demand and gain a competitive edge in target markets, industry participants must formulate strategies that maximize their influence in each customer category, and position themselves to:
- Understand the critical roles that brands play and the consumer decisions that drive them
- Make well-informed choices regarding product upgrades and how they fit within various sales channels
- Decide how best to position resources for competitive advantage through the value chain
Homeowners increasingly use the internet and visits to local retailers to become better educated on product features and benefits and where to find the best deals. Windows and Patio Doors 2015 shows critical steps in the consumer decision-making process, including information sources and key influences, and analyzes the impact on buying patterns and distribution channels. Subscribers will own vital information to devise effective strategies and sales and marketing plans to reach and influence each customer group while positioning their resources for competitive advantage throughout the supply chain.
The report focuses on residential windows and patio doors in North America, including the United States and Canada.
- Executive Summary – Summary of the current market size, trends and developments, keys for future success and outlook
- Windows and Patio Doors Products Overview – A review of residential windows and patio doors products, along with recent product advances and developments
- Market Review – A thorough analysis of demand in North America provides the baseline. A three-year projection provides insights into how demand is most likely to shift by material, channel and region
- Distribution Channel Review
- Business Assessment – A realistic business assessment to help define industry opportunities
Using the Report
Windows and Patio Doors 2015 provides a baseline analysis for business planning for industry participants. Using 2014 as its launch point, the study analyzes drivers and trends by product, market, distribution channel and region providing forecasts through 2017. It also analyzes trends in current and future products and competitive positions, helping companies anticipate customer needs, plus insights into:
- Up-to-date assessment of the windows and patio doors market
- Voice of Customer on major industry trends
- Market share review for leading windows and patio doors producers
- Instantly update with your own data and generate custom reports
- Strategic insights into this segment of the windows / doors business
- Voice of Customer survey – Voice of Customer research captures more than 500 market touch points, including interviews and surveys with homeowners, architects, remodelers, builders, retailers, dealers, and distributors. The research reveals information on brand awareness, preferred windows and patio doors manufacturers, material and product preferences and other important factors
- Market model and forecast tool – interactive market model tool enabling subscribers to evaluate the market through whatever lens they choose
All subscribers to the full program are offered a private presentation by the Principia project team with an open discussion about the report and to address any company-specific issues. The consultation is included in the subscription price. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com.