State of the Metal Roofing Industry
Metal roofing is in the spotlight within steep slope roofing as segment sales are growing from light commercial new construction and residential remodeling. Increasing architect and property owner acceptance has helped this industry reach revenues of over $3 billion in 2017.
Light to medium commercial buildings such as shopping centers, malls, restaurants and banks have roofs designed with standing seam metal roofing, particularly in coastal regions of the Eastern and Western United States.
The high initial cost of metal roofing was offset by its long useful life of 50 years or more. In fact, the most expensive metal roofing material, copper, is known to last over 100 years. Standing seam, also known as vertical panel roofing, is a mainstay of shopping centers and retail outlets. Residential metal roofs are available in a wide variety of designs to complement any style home and replicate asphalt shingles, wood shake, slate or clay tiles.
In addition to metal roofing manufacturers, traditional asphalt roofing suppliers have introduced highly styled products to simulate shingles, slate, tile and shakes adding to the curb appeal of these products. The wide range of styles and colors has increased demand and opportunity for metal roofing as a viable alternative to wood, slate, tile and asphalt in residential reroofing.
Principia’s Metal Roofing 2018 will quantify the current and projected size of the metal roofing market in North America, detail product flow through distribution channels, define drivers and trends of future demand, calibrate supplier market share, and assess the opportunity for value creation in the industry segment.
The report focuses on metal roofing in North America, including the United States and Canada.
- Executive Summary – Summary of current market size, trends and developments, keys for future success and outlook
- Products Overview – A review of metal roofing products, along with recent product advances and developments
- Market Review – A thorough analysis of demand in North America will provide the baseline. A three-year projection will provide insights into how demand is most likely to shift by product, market, channel and region
- Business Assessment – A realistic business assessment to help target market opportunities
Using the Report
Metal Roofing 2018 provides a vital baseline analysis for forecasting and business planning for current and new industry participants. Using 2017 as its launch point, the report analyzes demand drivers and trends by material, construction type, distribution channel, supplier and region, providing forecasts through 2020.
It also analyzes trends in current products, new product developments and technologies, and competitive materials, helping companies anticipate customer needs, plus insights into:
- Up-to-date market size and forecast
- Voice of Customer feedback on usage and preference trends
- Channel dynamics and trends impacting demand
- Market share review for metal roofing producers
- Strategic insights into growth of metal roofing
- Voice of the Customer – research from interviews and surveys conducted among manufacturers, distributors and dealers, contractors, architects, specifiers, building science consultants and commercial property owners provides fresh industry perspectives that assess issues driving material and supplier market shares
- Market model and forecast – information from different sources is compiled and analyzed to create the demand forecast
All subscribers to the full program are offered a private presentation by the Principia project team with an open discussion about the report and to address any company-specific issues. The consultation is included in the subscription price. Contact us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.